Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Weird swelling
    An_267276 posted:
    For a few weeks now ive had a weird swelling of my urethra under my penis, its only noticeable sometimes but it does bulge out quite a bit, this is only towards the base of the penis and it is underneath. It is very difficult to actually explain which is why i am worrying since i cant find anything similar on the internet. The best way to describe the look of this would be if i held my penis up (straight forwards) the top looks normal but the bottom of it would have a sagging lump as though there is something under the skin, I am presuming this is the urethra but it has never been like this before and only has started since I had sex a few weeks ago in the reverse cowgirl position which kind of hurt my penis since it doesn't bend that way.
    I have booked an STD test for next week. I went to see my GP and he said he doesnt think its much to worry about maybe a penis injury but it has stayed for around 5 weeks now and it is worrying me.
    Terry124 responded:
    Edit : also when erect there is no sign of this anymore. It only appears when flaccid

    also there is no other symptoms with this and I have always used protection during sex.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
    Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    43 of 64 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.