Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/mens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

The Classic Foreskin Problem
    maybeiwas2shy posted:
    Right, I know this has been posted more times than any of us can count but bear with me, guys. I really really need to know some stuff about this.

So my penis is not particularly large. It's maybe four to five inches in length and three quarters to an inch in girth. I've always been taught to retract my foreskin when bathing. But I never used to like doing it. It was always too much of a hassle for me. So I would just do it maybe once or twice a week from age 10 to age 16. Retracting has never been an issue while flaccid but pulling it back up has been on occasion. It is a little tight but I can pull it quite far down while flaccid without any considerable pain or discomfort. I often have to struggle a bit to get it back to covering the head. I'm 17 now btw.

When erect, on the other hand, I can pull it down to up to maybe three quarters of the way to the glans before it becomes too painful. Not really for my penis but for my foreskin where a sharp, tight pain occurs. I've been masturbating ever since I started by only gliding the slack skin up and down and not ever retracting it completely. Needless to say, I have never seen my penis head erect.

Now, I really don't want to get a circumcision done at this stage of life but I'm prepared to. I'd just like to know if it's very painful now to get the procedure done? And how long will the discomfort last? Is there any other medical alternative other than circumcision,

And do the stretching excercises really work? After how long can I expect to start seeing results, just a ballpark figure, say? What exactly should I be doing and when and how should I go about it for those?

I'm sorry for asking this common question again. I'd just like some lucid, clear advise on hat to do to wiggle out of this tight situation (har har).

Cheers!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
    Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.