Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    Bulbar Urethral Stricture
    An_241864 posted:
    Hello Sir.
    I'm 28 Years old and was operated for a kidney stone problem last year. Since than I've stricture problem in Bulbar Urethra, Dilatation process has been done 3 times, n last dilatation was also around 1 year ago. As of now the post voiding is around 40 to 50 ml.
    Problems at present i have are feeling pain at lower back and at both hips(sometimes) and bad urine flow. Doctors suggested me another surgery(urethraplasty or endoscopy). But i don't want that. Shall i try self dilatation.
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful
    counterso responded:
    Unfortunately this is not a topic where you will get useful advice. Your situation is going to be unique and not benefit from a layperson's advice. You will need to decide whether you trust your current urologist or you wish to get a second opinion from another doctor. This is a very specific medical concern that requires knowledge of your precise circumstances and it would be irresponsible to incorporate a non-medical opinion. There's no reason you cannot voice your concerns and ask questions of your current urologist, but it sounds like you may not feel you will be heard.
    Naveencheers replied to counterso's response:
    Thank you for your replay. I'll discuss my case further with my urologist or seek advice from another one.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

    Helpful Tips

    check out a compound pharmacy for your testosterone replacement.
    Whether you're needing a 5mg or 0.5mg daily dose, you will probably save a lot of money by using a local coumpounding pharmacy. Compare ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.