Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    eye problem
    scrabblegram posted:
    Following cataract surgery which I thought was successful, I began to have problems with one of my eyes. I have now been diagnosed with vitelliform lesions in that eye. Is it the same thing as macular dystrophy? Has anyone had this diagnosis? Do you know what is down the road when you have this situation? Although it falls under the heading of macular degeneration, I have been told eye drops nor surgery would be helpful, Thanks
    Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    We have an excellent eye health community here: WebMD Eye Health Community

    Dr. Alan Kozarsky, the community expert,is one of the leading corneal, cataract, and vision correction specialists in the country. Click the link above to ask your question there for expert input! Here is a link that can give you more information about your diagnosis: Best Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy .

    Best to you -

    scrabblegram responded:
    Thank you for the reply and the information.

    Helpful Tips

    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.