Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

I need help ideas - long
    An_260525 posted:
    I have a tumor in my left kidney, history of renal cell carcinoma with nephrectomy of the right kidney, Chronic Kidney Disease, a solid mass in one ovary, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Sjogren's Disease (Syndrome), Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, masses in different areas of my body, Osteoarthritis, atopic dermatis (and other skin irritations), allergies, sinus problems, asthma, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, Presbyopia, and other issues.
    I have no Medicaid, no Medicare, and am suing the Social Security Administration for my disability (filed for disability 2005) at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals level with no willing lawyer and my date last insured passed. I am not indigent. I have no gainful employment. To have some income of around approximately $300 per month, I attempt to maintain some accounts. Those accounts, owning a home, and owning a car interfere with my qualifying for different assistance programs. I have called such programs when my phone functioned. I have used other ways of contacting the programs as well. I filled out the online healthcare.gov application and have to pay over $200 per month for insurance there with a $6000 deductible. I ask for discounts, purchase generics, ask for samples, call to comparison shop (when medical facilities are willing to give me a quote), work with medical professionals on taking half a pill where advisable and ask medical professionals about alternative treatments. Additionally, I check with the Department of Human Services, 211-Texas, the American Cancer Society, and several other agencies to find programs for which I am eligible.
    For my health, I use yoga, massage, and other methods of exercise treatment and eat raw fruits, raw vegetables, whole grains, unsalted nuts, and herbs/seasonings under medical supervision (when I can afford it) or permission. Additionally, I do add vegetarian and vegan meals into my eating plan. I had to eliminate red meat since I cannot digest it properly. I use sugar substitutes (natural and artificial) on many occasions. I pray, meditate, use guided imagery, essential oils, self-,massage, heat/cold pad, OTC remedies, and other such methods for pain relief and body maintenance (with medical professionals knowledge). Local medical professionals don't know about other resources for me.

Considering all of the above, are there any ways that I can afford the treatments I need?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Seems like after I quit smoking and drinking my body has fell apart. I had to have a hystrorectomy in 2007 but I had always had trouble with my period...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.