Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Bleeding and Right Pelvic Pain
    An_266838 posted:
    This is long; sorry! Just trying to figure out what to do next.

I'm 41. In the beginning of November I started spotting--just when I wiped--between periods. That turned to bleeding by Thanksgiving(very dark brown/blackish to brown to bright red--no particular pattern), enough that I was changing my liner up to four times a day. I also have right pelvic pain--sometimes sharp like a side stitch, other times a dull ache or burning sensation, sometimes cramping like my period. Saw doctor in December; he did a pelvic exam--said my uterus felt firm--and ordered a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound due to my history of ovarian cysts. Ultrasound results came back normal; nothing unusual spotted and I am not pregnant. Was given heavy duty Aleve to stop the bleeding. Has worked pretty well as far as cutting down the amount of bleeding. Still needing to use pantyliners to avoid ruining my clothes--one to two liners a day. Random heavy cramping results in bright red bleeding. I also cramp and bleed bright red after sex (the three to four times I was light enough to be intimate)--although the act itself is not painful. Otherwise it ranges from light to very dark brown. Changed birth control in December; hasn't made a difference. Also bloated. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else have these issues?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Seems like after I quit smoking and drinking my body has fell apart. I had to have a hystrorectomy in 2007 but I had always had trouble with my period...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.