Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/womens-health/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

Just got first period after 1.5 years without menstruation
    An_267727 posted:
    Hi. I am 21 years old. I think its worth noting that I am healthy, active, and 125 lbs. It has been 1.5 years since my last period (I do not take the pill), until last week when I randomly got my period out of nowhere. It was just like it used to be -- about 4 days of moderate bleeding with 1 day of no bleeding in the middle. Over the past year, I went to 3 Obgyn's and they all told me not to worry.. went to 3 family doctors and all told me it seemed very strange. Got blood work done 3 months ago and they said my thyroid was fine, but that my "estrogen and other lady hormones" were low.

Other important symptoms:
    Extreme chronic fatigue, no matter how much a eat, sleep, exercise
    Light headedness at least once per day
    Lack of sex drive
    Skin has yellowish tint
    Muscle weakness
    FREQUENT illness. In the past 6 months I have fallen ill with strep, common cold, nasal infection, bronchitis, and stomach flu. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else as well.

Are all these symptoms as well as my missed period related to my hormones? Could I be anemic? Please help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 23 year old single mother, born and raised in Orange County, CA but recently exiled to Riverside, CA. I'm very open about health and wel...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.