Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at [email protected]

    An_224663 posted:
    Hello, I am 18 years old and still have'nt gotten my period, I mean nothing at all! My younger sister already got hers at the age of 10 and my oldest sister got hers at the age of 9! what is wrong with me?? Why am I super late? Is there any chance of me ever getting it? I have small mosquito bites and some pubic hair but not much... im still very under developed. help me please.
    Anmar22 responded:
    Have you gone to see the doctor. I would start with that, especially since both your sisters started so early.
    An_224664 replied to Anmar22's response:
    Yes, My mom began to take me to the doctor when I was 16 years old since I still looked 8 who would'nt worry? lol and the pediatriciansimply gave me estrogen pills to get my buds to start showing and some sort of needle for growth.. I took them for about a month and then gave up on it, I grew on my own, im not so tall cause my family isn't and I didnt take the pills because I was afraid of the side effects. Then upon my 18 birthdya my mother took me to the Gynecologist.. but we never returned since then because I felt very uncofortable.. the assistance kept coming in askign me about my period problems and everytime I'd say still nothing they'd chuckle and It made me feel bad about myself so I never went back..... I do look older now ppl mistake me for 16 atleast but still.... no good. :/ I need a specialist of some sort
    happy2bapanda replied to An_224664's response:
    The OB/GYN would be the specialist to see, but seeing as how poorly you were treated at the office you visited before, I think it's time to search for a new Gynecologist. Dr's shouldn't be there to ridicule, they should be there to help. I hope you find the right one!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My question is what are the benifits of taken Premarin after having a hysterorectomy at the age of 40? can I quit taken premarin? I have gained 20 lbs...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.